In this post we summarized all the current affairs of second week of February 2019 (8th February to 14th February). If you are preparing for UPSC, SSC or IBPS then this article will help you to recall the important events between above mentioned dates.
Current Affairs For UPSC, SSC, IBPS (February 2019) [Part-2]
- Opener Smriti Mandhana hammered the fastest fifty for India in the first T20I against New Zealand in Wellington in just 24 deliveries.
- Jeremy Lalrinnunga is related to weight lifting.
- Rakesh Anand Bakshi is the author of the book “Let’s Talk On Air: Conversations with Radio Presenters”.
- Radheshyam Julaniya has been appointed as the new Union Sports Secretary.
- Mool Chand Sharma is the author of the book “Law, Justice and Judicial Power – Justice P N Bhagwati’s Approach”.
- Deepa Mehta is the recipient of the Lifetime Achievement Award (LTA) by the Academy of Canadian Cinema and Television.
- Siddhartha Lal has been named EY Entrepreneur of the Year 2018.
- Sanjay SUbhramaniyam has won the 2019 Dan David Prize.
Country Specific ( International Current Affairs )
- India and Norway has recently launched initiative to combat Marine Pollution.
- Dubai is the venue of the World Government Summit (WGS-2019).
- UAE has decided to include Hindi as the third official language in courts.
- India has signed pact with Bangladesh to train Civil Servants.
- Thailand has official declared Siamese fighting fish as its national aquatic animal.
- Macedonia has recently signed NATO accession agreement.
- New Delhi is the venue of the 2nd National Conference of Micro Missions of National Police Mission (NPM).
- In Mumbai, the India Size project has recently launched by the Union Minister of Textiles Smriti Irani.
- The 462nd Kandoori festival 2019 has celebrated in Tamil Nadu.
- Hissaar is the venue of 9th Senior Women’s Hockey National Championship 2019.
- Guwahati is the venue of the 2nd ASEAN-India Youth Summit 2019.
- New Delhi is the venue of the CREDAI YouthCon -19.
- New Delhi was the venue of the first-ever LAWASIA Human Rights Conference 2019.
- New Delhi is the venue of the ‘Parmanu Tech 2019’.
- Greater Noida, Uttar Pradesh is the venue of the 13th edition of International Oil and Gas Conference ‘PETROTECH-2019’.
- The 3rd edition of Swachh Shakti-2019 was held at
State Specific ( State current affairs )
- Delhi state government has launched the Zero Fatality Corridor (ZFC).
- Jharkhand state government has recently banned the Popular Front of India (PFI).
- Kerala state government has recently launched online clearance mechanism for entrepreneurs.
General Current Affairs
- The current repo rate, as per RBI’s 6th bi-monthly monetary policy statement for 2018-19 is 6.25%.
- On 7th February, Vidharbha lifted the Ranji Trophy for the second time in a row, after defeating Saurashtra by 78 runs.
- India’s rank at the 2019 US Chambers International IP Index is 36th.
- the theme of the Asia LPG 2019 Summit is “LPG- Energy for life”.
- On February 10, the National Deworming Day (NDD-2019) is observed in India.
- RBI has recently raised the limit for collateral-free agriculture loans from Rs 1 Lakh to6 Lakh.
- The first-ever World Pulses Day (WPD) is observed on February 10.
- the theme of the 2019 International Day of Women and Girls in Science is “Investment in Women and Girls in Science for Inclusive Green Growth”.
- On February 11, the National Unani Day (NUD-2019) was celebrated in India.
- the theme of the 2019 National Productivity Week (NPW) is “Circular Economy for Productivity & Sustainability”.
Compiled by Team Odisha Sarkari job