In this post we summarized all the current affairs of first week of February 2019 (1st February to 7th February). If you are preparing for UPSC, SSC or IBPS then this article will help you to recall the important events between above mentioned dates.
Current Affairs For UPSC, SSC, IBPS (February 2019) [Part-2]
- Punit Goenka has been elected as the new chairman of Broadcast Audience Research Council of India (BARC).
- Mohammed Shami has become the fastest Indian bowler to reach 100 ODI wickets.
- Piyush Goyal has received Carnot Prize for Power Reforms, Rural Electrification.
- Rajeev Chopra is the newly appointed DG of National Cadet Corps (NCC).
- Mithali Raj has become the first female cricketer to play 200 ODIs.
- Vani Kapoor has become the first Indian golfer to grab Australian LPGA card.
- Nilambar Acharya has been appointed as the new Nepalese ambassador to India.
- P S Krishnan is the recipient of K.Veeramani Award for Social Justice 2018.
- Sana Mir has become the first Asian woman cricketer to play hundred T20Is.
- Govind Nihalani is the recipient of the 2019 Kalamaharshi Baburao Painter Award at the 2019 Kolhapur International Film Festival (KIFF).
- Nayib Bukele won the 2019 El Salvador presidential election.
- Vivek Pandit is the head of the committee which is constituted by the Maharashtra to review welfare schemes for tribals.
- Indian squash player Ramit Tandon has won the 2019 Seattle Open title by defeating Mohamed El Sherbini of Egypt in the final in USA.
- The theme of the 2019 World Leprosy Day (WLD) is “Ending discrimination, stigma and prejudice”.
- The theme of the 2019 World Wetlands Day (WWD) is “wetalnds and climate change”.
- The theme of the 12th edition of Aero India 2019 “The runway to billion opportunities”.
- The theme of the 2019 World Cancer Day (WCD) “I am and I will”.
- The theme of the 30th National Road Safety Week (NRSW-2019) is “Sadak Suraksha Jeevan Raksha”.
- India’s flagship hydrocarbon international conference ‘PETROTECH-2019’ is scheduled to be held in New Delhi.
- ISRO has launched Human Space Flight Centre (HSFC) in
- A music and dance festival ‘Sopan 2019’ has started in New Delhi.
- The Kala Ghoda Arts Festival (KGAF-2019) has started in Mumbai.
- Chennai is the venue of the ICT Academy Bridge 2019 conference.
Country Specific (International Current Affairs)
- UNESCO has officially launched the International Year of the Period Table of Chemical Elements (IYPT-2019).
- UAE & Saudi Arabia have launched a common digital currency “Aber”.
- The Africa Centre for Climate and Sustainable Development has recently launched in Italy.
- Israel’s Aerospace Industries has signed $93 million Naval MRSAM deal with Indian Navy.
- Germany, France and the UK have officially set up a payment channel with Iran called INSTEX, to help continue trade and circumvent US sanctions.
- INF Treaty, which is in news recently, is in between US and Russia.
General Current Affairs
- India’s rank at the 2018 Corruption Perception Index (CPI) of Transparency International (TI) is 78th .
- India’s second Tulip Garden will come up in Uttarakhand.
- The newly-named Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade will work under Ministry of Commerce and Internal Trade.
- Qatar has won the 2019 Asian Cup Football tournament.
- INS Dronacharya has won the Kochi Area Pulling Regatta 2019.
- Assam has topped in budgetary practices, as per latest survey by Transparency International (TI).
- India’s unemployment rate hit a 4 decade high to 6.1% percent in 2017-18, as per PLFS survey by National Sample Survey Office (NSSO).
- Punjab has recently declared Indus river dolphin as the state’s aquatic animal.
- The World Heritage Centre (WHC) would be set up at Kolkata.
- Kerela has become the first Indian state to set up a Price Monitoring and Research Unit (PMRU).
- Ministry of Housing and Urban affairs has launched Shehri Samridhi Utsav.
- The joint HADR Exercise ‘RAHAT-2019’ will be conducted in
- Dakshayani, which is in news recently, is an animal.
Team Odisha Sarkari Job