In this post we summarized all the current affairs of fourth week of 2019 (22nd January to 31st January). If you are preparing for UPSC, SSC or IBPS then this article will help you to recall the important events between above mentioned dates.
Current Affairs For UPSC, SSC, IBPS (January 22 to January 31, 2019)
- C N R Rao has been chosen for the first-ever Sheikh Saud International Prize for Materials Research.
- U K Sinha is the head of the IBBI working group to suggest a suitable framework for Group Insolvency.
- Gurinder Singh Khalsa has been conferred with the 2019 Rosa Parks Trailblazer award.
- Andry Rajoelina has been sworn-in as the new President of Madagascar.
- Ranjan Murali has won the ‘Prabha Khaitan Woman’s Voice Award’ at the Apeejay Kolkata Literary Festival (AKLF-2019).
- Virat Kholi has become the first player-ever to win ICC Test, ODI Player And Cricketer Of The Year.
- Sitanshu Yashachandra has been bestowed with the 2017 Saraswati Samman.
- Nireeswaran has been adjudged as the best novel of 2017 at the Kerala Sahitya Akademi Awards.
- Aparna Kumar has become the India’s first woman IPS officer to complete South Pole expedition.
- Khusbu Kanwar led the all-women Assam Rifles contingent, which has created history by participating for the first time in a Republic Day parade.
- Sultan Abdullah has been named as the new King of Malaysia.
- Atin Bandyopadhya is the author of the book ‘Panchashati Galpo’.
- Naomi Osaka has won the women’s singles 2019 Australian Open Tennis Tournament.
- Kartik Sharma has won the New South Wales men’s Amateur Golf Championship in Australia.
- Jayant Kaikini has won the 2018 DSC Prize for South Asian Literature.
- Novak Djokovik has won the men’s singles 2019 Australian Open Tennis Tournament.
- Saina Nehwal has won the 2019 Indonesia Masters title against Carolina Marin.
- Poonam Khetrapal Singh has been appointed the WHO regional director for South-East Asia.
- Narthaki Natraj has become the first Indian transgender to be honoured with Padma Shri.
- Suman Kumari has become the Pakistan’s first Hindu woman judge.
- Rohit Paudel has become the youngest batsman to smack a half-century in international cricket.
- Dhirendranath Chakraborty has been conferred the Assam Republic Day Journalism Award 2019.
- Krishna Sobti is the author of the novel ‘Zindaginama’.
- Varnasi is the venue of the Youth Pravasi Bharatiya Divas (YPBD-2019).
- Mumbai is the venue of the India Steel 2019 Exhibition and Conference.
- Pune is the venue of the Indian Africa Field Training Exercise (IAFTX-2019).
- New Delhi is the venue of the 2019 International Stock Taking Conference on Tiger Conservation.
Do You Know?
- The theme of the National Voters Day is “no voter to be left behind”.
- The theme of the 2019 International Customs Day (ICD) is “Smart borders for seamless trade, travel and transport”.
Country Specific (International Current Affairs)
- The central bank of Nepal has recently banned the use of Indian currency notes.
- Rio de jeniro has been named as the World Capital of Architecture for 2020.
- Japan has launched satellite to create world’s first artificial meteor shower.
- Beirut is the venue of the Arab Economic And Social Development Summit 2019.
- The annual meet of World Economic Forum (WEF) has started in Davos.
- China is the largest producer of crude steel in the world, according to latest report of World Steel Association (WSA).
- The Union Cabinet has approved MoU between India and Kuwait for cooperation on the recruitment of domestic workers.
- The researchers of Korea have developed a system that can produce electricity and hydrogen fuel from carbon dioxide.
- Malaysia has recently stripped of the right to host the 2019 World Para Swimming Championships.
- The first-ever UN’s International Day of Education is celebrated on January 24.
State Specific (State Current Affairs)
- Tamilnadu state government has recently roll out Startup and Innovation policy ‘2018-2023.
- India’s first private-sector Howitzer gun-manufacturing plant has come up in Surat.
- The states of Manipur, Meghalaya and Tripura celebrated their 47th statehood day on 21st January 2019. On this day in 1972, all the three states became full-fledged states under the North Eastern Region (Reorganisation) Act, 1971.
- Arunachal Pradesh state government has declared Pakke Paga Hornbill Festival (PPHF) as the “State Festival”.
- Andhra Pradesh state government has decided to give 5% quota for Kapu community in 10% reservation for EWS.
- Telengana state government has decided to set up anti-poaching tiger protection force.
- Madhya Pradesh state government has decided to launch Yuva Swabhiman Yojana for urban poor youth.
- Tamil Nadu has been declared best state for active participation in Swasth Bharat Yatra.
- Odisha state government has launched Jiban Sampark project to reach vulnerable tribes.
General Current Affairs
- India is hosting the 2nd World Integrated Medicine Forum (WIMF-2019.
- India is to host 14th Session of the Conference Of Parties (CoP) to UNCCD in 2019.
- On 23rd January, Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the Subhash Chandra Bose museum at the iconic Red Fort in New Delhi to mark the leader’s 122nd birth anniversary.
- Microsoft has launched a new e-commerce platform re-weave.in for handloom weavers.
- The Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust (JNPT) has got listed amongst the top 30 container ports globally, as per the latest Lloyds Report.
- IMF has recently released the World Economic Outlook (WEO). In it, IMF estimates India’s economic growth at 7.3% in 2018-19, 7.5% in 2019-20 and 7.7% in 2020-21.
- India’s rank at the Global Talent Competitive Index (GTCI) 2019 is 80th .
- The theme of the National Girl Child Day (NGCD-2019) is “empowering girls for a brighter tomorrow”.
- India’s rank at the 2019 Bloomberg Innovation Index is 54th .
- The Union Cabinet has approved the amendment article 280 to strengthen northeast autonomous councils.
- ISRO has successfully launched military satellite ‘Microsat-R’ from PSLV-C44.
- The world’s longest 3D-printed concrete bridge has opened in China.
- Southern railway zone has bagged No.1 position for cleanliness in India.
- Train 18 has been named as Vande Bharat Expres
- Oxford dictionaries has declared “Nari Shakti” as the Hindi word for the year 2018.
- Ministry of defense has launched ‘RDP INDIA 2019 app’ for Republic Day parade.
- Atal Setu, which is in news recently, is built across mandovi river in Goa.
- The 2019 International Holocaust Remembrance Day is observed on January 27.
- India bagged the Award of Excellence for ‘Best in Show’ at the New York Times Travel Show 2019.
- The world’s longest expressway will come up in Uttar Pradesh.
Team Odisha Sarkari Job