In this post we summarized all the current affairs of third week of 2019 (15th January to 21st January). If you are preparing for UPSC, SSC or IBPS then this article will help you to recall the important events between above mentioned dates. We have categorized the whole articles for easy understanding.
Current Affairs For UPSC, SSC, IBPS (January 15 to January 21, 2019)
- Buddhadev Das Gupta has been honoured with Lifetime Achievement Award by the West Bengal Film Journalists Association (WBFJA).
- Namita Gokhle has won the newly-instituted Sushila Devi Literature Award.
- Sushil Kumar Modi is the head of Group of Ministers (GoM) on GST revenue shortfall faced by states.
- Narendra Modi is the recipient of the first-ever Philip Kotler Presidential award.
- K M Cariappa was the first Commander-in-Chief of Indian Army post Independence.
- Shakil Ahmed, who is Asian Cup gold medallist and noted oarsman, has set up a world record in indoor rowing by completing one lakh metres in above-40 years category in Kolkata.
- Abhinav Shaw has become the youngest gold medallist in shooting at the Khelo India Youth Games 2019.
- Nitin Patel is the head of the Group of Ministers (GoM) for GST issues in real estate.
- Sarafaraz Ahmed has become the wicket-keeper captain with the most number of catches in a match.
- Cherkuri Raghavendra Babu is the head of the committee which is formed by Madras High Court to weed out invasive plant species from Western Ghats.
- Mohammad Ali Kamar has been named as the chief coach for the Indian women boxers.
- Yu Wenshengh has won the Franco-German Human Rights Award.
- Sudhir Mungatiwar is the convenor of the newly constituted Group of Ministers (GoM) to look at issues related to lottery under GST.
- Yohei Saskawa has been chosen for the Gandhi Peace Prize 2018.
- Manu Sawhney has been appointed the new CEO of the International Cricket Council (ICC).
- D Gukesh from Chennai has become the 2nd youngest Grandmaster (GM) in the world and the youngest Indian to achieve the feat at 12 years, seven months and 17 days.
- Vinesh Phogat has become the first Indian athlete to be nominated in Laureus World Comeback of Year Award.
- Prabhat Singh has been appointed as Director General (Investigation) in the National Human Rights Commission (NHRC).
- Satyarup Siddhanta has become the first Indian and youngest man to climb the seven highest peaks and volcanic summits across all continents.
- Ratan Lal is the recipient of the 2019 Japan Prize for his outstanding contribution to sustainable soil management.
- Stefan Lofven has been elected as the new Prime Minister of Sweden.
Do You Know?
- The theme of the 9th Vibrant Gujarat Global Investors Summit 2019 is “Shaping new India’.
- Ha Long (Vietnam) is the venue of the 7th ASEAN-India Tourism Ministers 2019.
- The state-of-the-art National Museum of Indian Cinema (NMIC) has recently inaugurated in Mumbai.
- Nagpur is the venue of the 2nd World Orange Festival (WOF-2019).
- Hyderabad is the venue of the 1st National EMRS National Sports Meet 2019.
- The 10th edition of the India Rubber Expo (IRE-2019) has started in Mumbai.
- Aurangabad is the venue of the 9th International Conference on Micro Irrigation.
- Mumbai is the venue of the first-ever Global Aviation Summit (GAS-2019).
Country Specific (International Current Affairs)
- United States has launched ‘Fair Value for Innovation’ at Raisina Dialogue in New Delhi.
- ‘IMBEX 2018-19’ has started between India and Myanmar.
- Palestine has taken over the Chair of the Group of 77 (G-77) for 2019.
- The world’s first television channel dedicated to human rights has been launched in London with a promise to deliver hidden stories ignored by mainstream media into people’s living rooms.
State Specific (State Current Affairs)
- Gujarat has become the India’s 1st state to implement 10% quota to Economically Weaker Sections (EWS) of general category.
- Sikkim’s state government has launched ‘One Family, One Job’ scheme.
- Puduchhery’s state government has decided to impose a ban on single-use plastic products from 1st March 2019.
- Madhya Pradesh’s state government state government has launched the farm debt-waiver scheme ‘Jai Kisan Rin Mukti Yojana’.
- Odisha’s state government has launched ‘Ama Ghare LED’ scheme.
- Delhi’s state government has recently decided to start bird hospitals.
- Haryana’s state government has announced Shaurya Award for Students.
General Current Affairs
- The Government of India (GoI) has drafted five-year action plan to address drug abuse in the country from 2018-2023.
- In 1666, the 10th Sikh guru Govind Singh was born.
- Bengaluru raptors has won the 5th season of Premier Badminton League (PBL) title.
- India’s largest start up ecosystem has launched in Kerala.
- The Ministry of Finance has started “Know your budget” on Twitter to educate general public about the budgetary process.
- Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs has decided to organize an event named Shehri Samridhi Utsav from 1st -15th February 2019 all over the country focusing on urban livelihoods.
- The Government of India (GoI) has approved setting up of three new naval air squadrons in Gujarat and Tamil Nadu as part of efforts to bolster the Indian Navy’s overall strength.
- Dell has launched India’s first PolicyHack for Teachers.
- IIT Hyderabad will launch India’s first B.Tech course in Artificial Intelligence (AI).
- India’s First Lithium Ion Giga Factory will be build by Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL) and Libcoin.
Compiled by Team Odisha Sarkari Job